Salary: $14.00 Hourly Location: Renton, WA
Job Type: Full - Time, Short Term (6 mo.), Temporary Department: Maintenance
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, APPLICATION AND SUBMIT A RESUME TO KS@RENTONHOUSING.ORG
THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO CURRENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING RESIDENTS, HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER HOLDERS INCLUDING THEIR FAMILIES AND SECTION 3 QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY.
Spring in the Northwest means everything starts to grow and flowering plants burst into bloom. We rely on our Seasonal Landscaping team to assist in maintaining our beautiful properties.
Have you been looking for a chance to showcase your talent for maintaining landscapes and property? Do you have a strong work ethic? Do you enjoy the outdoors? If this sounds like you, we may have a temporary position waiting for you on the 2017 Seasonal Landscaping team at the Renton Housing Authority.
The Landscaping team is hard at work throughout the summer and into fall. This is manual work involving a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as cutting grass, general landscaping and cleaning vacant units and common areas, ensuring that the properties are well maintained.
These positions are full-time, non-benefit eligible, short-term temporary positions scheduled to be ending approximately November 2017.
Work hours will be from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. As a seasonal employee, you will be joining a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of people right here in Renton. Our regular Maintenance laborers will act as coaches and mentors for the new Seasonal Landscapers to provide support as you gain skills and experience that will help you succeed well beyond the 2017 season.
This section serves to illustrate the more typical aspects of the work indicative of the classification. The primary functions of the classification are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of each position allocated to the classification. The responsibilities and essential duties typically performed by positions allocated to this classification on a frequent and recurring basis include:
1. Manually cares for the grounds including maintenance of lawns, shrubbery and flower beds.
2. Cleans common areas; such as hallways, washes windows; cleans and disinfects restrooms; sweeps; picks up trash.
3. Operates power mowers; mows, blows, trims, and prunes.
4. Logs hours and tasks completed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
The qualifications and competencies required to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position classification are:
• The ability to learn the proper and safe operation of landscaping tools and equipment used in grounds maintenance.
• You must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment
• Income must meet HCV eligibility guidelines.
• You must be willing to work full time hours.
• If hired, you will be scheduled to work Monday thru Friday.
• Daily attendance during regular working hours is required
• Once hired, you must wear substantial shoes and approved work attire.
• Successful candidates must pass the Physical Ability Test.
• You must meet the acceptable standard on criminal background review.
Incumbents must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, vision, and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodation may be made to eligible individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work performed in both indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to dust, dirt, noise, fumes, and odors.
• Work may be required in areas that are dark or where poor lighting may exist.
• Work requires considerable physical exertion in completing tasks and requires bending, lifting, kneeling, and climbing as well as working on ladders and tight spaces.
• Incumbents work frequently requires use of specialized tools and lite duty equipment used in grounds maintenance.
• Work may cause occasional exposure to electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards.