Salary: $95,000 - $140,000 Annually (DOQ) Location: Renton, WA
Job Type: Full - Time Department: Finance
Closing: Until Filled
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO MILLIE PHUNG AT email@example.com. OR mail hardcopy to the Renton Housing Authority, Attention Millie Phung, P.O. Box 2316, Renton, WA 98056-0316.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to direct the Department of Finance and Administration and, in that capacity, provide high quality financial and administrative services to Renton Housing Authority (RHA) so its programs can provide high quality services, its funders will be more willing to fund RHA and its regulatory partners, auditors and the public will have a high degree of confidence in RHA's operations. Provide RHA with tax credit accounting expertise to support the development pipeline. This position coordinates and administers the budgetary, financial/accounting, payroll, risk management and asset management functions of RHA and oversees Information Technology (IT). In an advisory capacity, the Director will also provide highly responsible support to the Executive Director in the governance of the agency.
The Director shall perform all these responsibilities in service to RHA's social justice mission to assist low-income households and do so in ways that aspire to administrative and programmatic excellence.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform accounting management
• Oversee the financial activity of RHA, including the management of investments, financing of RHA activities, and the expenditure of RHA funds. Ascertain the financial status of RHA and ensure that funds are properly spent;
• Oversee the Agency’s fiscal transition to Tax Credit partnership accounting. Transition to component unit accounting for new and existing partnerships. Assist the Agency with significant development pipeline in the coming years, with specific attention to LIHTC practices, accounting, and fiscal oversight.
• Prepare annual budget and goals management plan for the Department of Finance and Administration. Submit financial statements and operating budgets to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as required and negotiate HUD settlements as required;
• Oversee the payroll function and ensure that all payroll responsibilities are completed on time per requirements;
• Maintain working knowledge of state, federal, and HUD regulation specific to accounting support function and public housing in general. Participate in obtaining, maintaining, or increasing current training and information relative to professional responsibilities.
Information technology system
• Oversee the development and operation of computer systems and application throughout RHA, including organization, planning and training;
• Ensure timely response to specific computer software problems or issues. Oversee IT staff and the agency's liaison with hardware consultants and vendor representatives;
• Oversee the coordination, installation and moving of computer equipment;
• Make certain that the control point for computer access outside the RHA office is maintained, including but not limited to incoming and outgoing modem access;
• Ensure the safeguarding of original software media, instructions, warranties and all related training materials.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational level and experience
Various combinations of education, experience and training may qualify an applicant. The following is a typical way to be qualified.
• Minimum 4-year college degree majoring in accounting. Experience in real estate accounting, construction and development accounting;
• Six or more years of management-level accounting experience required; government and fund accounting strongly preferred;
• Minimum three years of successful work experience in a supervisory capacity with progressive responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, staffing, reporting, and budgeting programs, required;
• Housing and Urban Development experience preferred;
• Experience with multi component consolidation;
• Experience with Yardi software
• Licensed Certified Public Accountant preferred;
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and auto insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must handle to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job's activities occur primarily in indoor office settings:
• Occasional standing, walking, sitting, using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reaching with hands and arms; climbing stairs; balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; talking or hearing; occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds;
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time;
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not comprehensive. The job responsibilities may include other duties. This job description also does not constitute an employment agreement between RHA and the employee. RHA may change the job duties as it determines to be necessary or useful to meet its needs.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. It considers all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, disability, marital status, familial status, age (over 40 years old), sexual orientation and gender identity. RHA will also reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to allow them to apply or to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicants needing accommodation for a disability should make their request to the HR Department at least 24 hours in advance, if possible.