TENANT BASED Housing Choice Voucher - Occupancy Specialist
Salary: $21.52 - $25.63 Hourly (DOQ) Location: Renton, WA
Job Type: Full - Time Department: Administrative
Closing: Open until filled - first round of interviews on 02/21/2020
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO STEPHEN GRAY AT SG@rentonhousing.org.
The Renton Housing Authority is a dedicated member of the Renton community working passionately to provide and manage affordable housing in our area. We are looking for a bright, motivated candidate to join our team of dedicated professionals. If you are looking for an opportunity to help provide housing to those in need, review the job duties and requirements below. We would love to hear from you.
Occupancy Management Specialist
Responsible for assisting in the administration of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies. Under the direction of the Section 8 Program Administrator, this individual will perform a variety of technical and administrative duties that support and maintain the HCV program. Prior knowledge of the program and its guidelines is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Determine applicant and tenant eligibility for continued participation;
• Calculate tenant rent for interim, annual and special re-examinations;
• Responsible for maintaining client physical & computer-based case files and records;
• Review case files for program compliance with Federal, State and local laws;
• Process tenant housing assistance for portability;
• Review landlord/tenant dwelling leases and prepare Housing Assistance Payments (HAP);
• Prepare and execute rent and Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) adjustments as needed;
• Review and process landlord initiated rent increases and/or decreases;
• Brief applicants on program requirements regarding Housing Authority, HUD, local, state & federal policies for admissions and continued assistance;
• Brief landlords/owners on program requirements, Housing Quality Standards (HQS), Housing Authority, local, State and Federal policies;
• Conduct recruitment and outreach methods for program participation;
• Investigate complaints of program abuse and provide resolutions;
• Remain current on occupancy, HUD Section Eight Management Assessment Program (SEMAP), Housing Quality Standards (HQS), and Housing Authority regulations and policies;
• Maintain awareness of local social service agencies and community resources to provide information and referral services to applicants and clients;
• Conduct interviews as needed
• Maintain confidentiality always;
• Be a team player.
• Two (2) year college degree in Human and/or Social Services, Business Administration or two (2) years of experience in related field, or three (3) years of experience in the administration of a Public Housing Authority;
• Possess and maintain a Washington State Driver's License
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Drug screening test and criminal background check;
• Be bondable through the Housing Authority vehicle insurance and policy for errors and omissions;
• Successfully complete a Housing Choice Voucher Rent and/or Occupancy certification training course within the six-month provisional probation period
• Familiarity with Yardi is a plus